Welcome to the 4-H Housing Project! This project provides 4-H members with the opportunity to learn valuable skills related to housing that you can use today, tomorrow, and well into the future. Through the Housing Project activities, you will learn to:
- plan living spaces in keeping with the needs of those who use the spaces,
- change habits or behaviors to reduce the amount of energy used in the home,
- learn about the selection of products to be used in the home, and
- develop skills that relate to future career opportunities.
The project is divided into 4 educational tracks that target different aspects of the Housing Project. The tracks include:
- housing basics,
- interior design,
- architecture and building, and
- “green” living.
These tracks allow 4-H members to work in an area that meets the member’s needs and interests, while being involved in hands-on learning opportunities. The Housing Project not only helps with making decision and choices, but it helps the 4-H member to be more aware of his or her surroundings and the resources that are available. This educational project provides young people the ability to practice many life skills.
Last updated: July 6, 2015