Osteoporosis and Bone Health
- Arthritis Foundation
This is the web site of the Arthritis Foundation. It provides up to date information on the various forms of arthritis such as osteoarthritis, other bone related health issues, research, information about the organization. You can perform a search to locate osteoporosis information.
- Arthritis Today (AT) Magazine – Arthritis Foundation
Builders – The University of Arizona
Bone Builders is a community-based osteoporosis prevention education program for women and older men in Arizona.
for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Click on Diseases and Conditions
- Calcium and Bone Health
- Best Bones Forever – A bone health campaign for girls 9–14 years of age and their BFFs to “grow strong together and stay strong forever”. This web based campaign uses a social marketing approach to promote optimal bone health. Resources for this campaign include a web site for girls, and print materials, radio and print advertisements for girls and parents. This campaign is a result of a partnership between many agencies so learn more about partners at the website.
- Dairy Council of California
Nutrition education materials, with information on physical activity, calcium milk, osteoporosis, prenatal nutrition and the food pyramid, provided for health professionals and educators.
- Healthy Aging – Dietetics
Practice Group – Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (ANAD)
This Practice Group consists of registered dietitians and dietetic technicians registered who are interested in gerontology and nutrition.
- International Bone and Mineral Society
IBMS is a non-profit organization for promoting the knowledge of basic biology and clinical science of the skeleton and mineral metabolism.
- BONE – Official Journal of the International Bone and Mineral Society
- BoneKEy – Provides a collection of information on bone, cartilage, and mineral metabolism for practitioners, clinicians and researchers.
Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) – Health Topics,
Osteoporosis and bone health topics as a service provided by the National Institutes of Health.
Institutes of Health (NIH), Osteoporosis and Related Bone Diseases – National Resource
A searchable database is available online. This site provides resources on bone health information, fact sheets, newsletters, special initiatives, bone links and more.
- National Osteoporosis Foundation
This is the web site of the National Osteoporosis Foundation. Information on osteoporosis, news and events, news releases, prevention and other links can be researched.
- NebGuide – Healthy
Eating and Lifestyle for Later Years
This web site contains information on the Nebraska Cooperative Extension Service resources for older adults to assist them in making healthier eating and lifestyle choices.
- Osteoporosis – Mayo
Information about the disease, causes, symptoms, risk factors, treatments and drugs, lifestyle, coping, prevention and more.
Center – Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Patient education and information.
Health Center, Spine-Health Center
In-depth, peer-reviewed information about osteoporosis and spine fractures to help people with back pain.
Food and Drug Administration, Office of Women’s Health, U. S. Department of Health & Human Services – Osteoporosis
This website offers information on osteoporosis and where to link to other sites on the internet for research and resource information on osteoporosis; questions to ask your doctor, who will get it, how a person can tell if they have it, how lower chances of getting the disease, how to ensure that your diet is healthy to prevent osteoporosis, many additional sources of information and other questions are answered.
- Osteoporosis fact sheet – Womenshealth.gov
Last updated: 11 June, 2012
Educational programs of the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service are open to all people without regard to race, color, sex, disability, religion, age, or national origin.