- Pre$cription Drug$: Can You Afford Not to Take Them?
- Fall Prevention for Older Adults
- Minority Peer Educator Project
- Data Profiles on Chronic and Disabling Conditions (Center on an Aging Society)
- Older Americans: Key Indicators of Well-Being (AgingStats.gov)
- Health and Aging Chartbook – The Health and Aging Chartbook in Health, United States, describes the health of older Americans. This report shows that the health of older persons in the United States today varies greatly. Persons 85 years of age and over, the majority of whom are women, have noticeably higher rates of illness, disability, and utilization of health care services than older persons who are less than 85 years of age. (National Center for Health Statistics)
- Senior Series (contains aging fact sheets from Ohio State University Extension)
- Specialized Telecommunications Assistance Program (STAP) (Office for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services) – Provides financial assistance to purchase specialized equipment or services for access to the telephone systems to individuals who have a disability that interferes with their ability to access the telephone network. You can access the application for vouchers at this site.
- Hearing Aids
The National Institute on Aging Age Pages listed below are in English unless otherwise noted. However, many of the pages contain a link to the Spanish version.
Health Promotion/Disease Prevention
- Aging and Your Eyes
- Exercise and Physical Activity: Getting Fit For Life
- Exercise & Physical Activity: Your Everyday Guide from the National Institute on Aging
- Flu – Get the Shot
- Hearing Loss
- Sexuality in Later Life
- Shots for Safety
- Skin Care and Aging
- Taking Care of Your Teeth and Mouth
- Talking with Your Doctor: A Guide for Older People
Diseases, Disorders, Conditions
- Aging Hearts and Arteries: A Scientific Quest
- Alcohol Use in Older People
- Concerned About Constipation?
- Heart Health
- High Blood Pressure
- Hyperthermia: Too Hot for Your Health
- Hypothermia: Stay Safe in Cold Weather
- Prostate Problems
Last updated: May 10, 2017