Texas 4-H & Youth Clothing and Textiles
4-H Clothing & Textiles Packet
- 2015 4-H Clothing and Textiles Packet includes information for Fashion Show, Natural Fiber Contest, Trashion Show, and Clothing and Textiles Advisory Board.
2015 Fashion Storyboard Design Brief
Inspired by Art
Create a fashion piece inspired by art. Sculpture, painting, taxidermy…or any other visual art can spark your imagination and creativity! It might be the merging of colors and textures, eccentric imagery or just its simplicity that inspires you. Inspiration comes from great works of art as well as little known artists. Whatever art piece makes you stop and look twice can be used as inspiration.
4-H Design Curriculum
- Download the Curriculum as one PDF file (13MB) or download individual sections:
This Curriculum can be used for the 4-H Clothing and Textiles project and the Fashion Storyboard contest.
- Texas 4-H Fashion Storyboard
- Clothing Quality Standards
- Quick Projects to Do
- 4-H Fashion Show – Construction Interview Questions (PDF)
- 4-H Fashion Show – Buying Interview Questions (PDF)
- 4-H Fashion Show – Natural Fiber Interview Questions (PDF)
- Clothing Capers
- Clothes that “Click”
- Burn Baby Burn! Gorgeous Fabrics University (video)
- Clutch Purse: Instructions (PDF)
- Home Sewing Association
- National 4-H Curriculum
- Unraveling the Mystery of Design Elements and Principles in Clothing (PDF)
- Writing 4-H Fashion Revue Commentary (PDF)
4-H Clothing Opportunities
- Opportunities and Clothing and Textiles (PDF)
- 4-H Clothing and Textiles Advisory Board (PDF)
- Fashion Camp at Texas Tech University
- Texas Woman’s University Fashion Camps
- Make It with Wool
Last updated: 26 March, 2015
Educational programs of the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service are open to all people without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status.